This simple recipe from the Gf-Zing! website is designed for the gluten-free community, but the glutenated world will enjoy it too! You can make a delicious meal with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. Have ready a couple of plates, some mashed potatoes and a glass of pinot noir for the chef, and start cooking:
- 1 to 1.5 pounds Lamb top round roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato cut into eight wedges
- 1/2 a lemon
Slice the lamb roast into four 3/4 inch slices – each one should be the size of a playing card or a burger. Spread each slice on both sides with the minced or grated garlic, then sprinkle one side with thyme, mint, salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a robust pan until hot. Fry the lamb steaks on the non-herb side for 3 minutes, then flip them to the other side that has the herbs on it.
Fry for 2 minutes, then add the tomato wedges and fry for 2 minutes more. Move the lamb steaks and tomato wedges to your plates, sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and serve.