Hot cocoa mix from GfZing! is easy to make at home. Here’s how to make an instant cocoa mix that will spice up your breakfast. Make sure that each individual component of the mixture is gluten free – the cocoa, the spices etc.
In a jar that holds 750 ml, place:
- 3/4 cup sugar (or the equivalent sweetening amount of a gluten free sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional to add spiciness – you can grind up one dried cayenne pepper and add that)
- 1/4 cup finely ground skinned almonds (optional – this adds a gritty texture)
- 3.2 ounces of nonfat powdered dry milk (the amount to make one quart)
Shake this mixture up until it is completely homogeneous.
Use 3-4 Tablespoons of the mixture with 1 mug of hot water to make your cocoa.0