This is a delicious Italian seafood salad with chickpeas. Divine!
- 1/2 pound of fresh, small scallops, parboiled for a very short time – just until done – in a 50/50 mixture of white wine and
water – use Cape or bay scallops if you can get them. If using the large sea scallops you will have to slice them in halves or quarters.
- 1 dozen pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed (peel the tough
skins off, or cook from scratch instead of using canned)
- 1 medium red onion, diced (be sure not to use too much – the red onions are pretty gigantic in the supermarket these days)
- 2 Tb. flat italian parsley, diced
- 2 Tb. olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and pepper
Mix it together and let marinate overnight.
- You can add 1/2 pound sliced cooked squid. Only parboil the squid for 30 seconds or it will become tough and rubbery.
- Do not use any “imitation seafood” or “seafood legs” or any of those fake crab products – they are often made with wheat.
Leave a Reply